Sunday 3 November 2013

Italian glamour




When we were first given the brief for project 1 I was really looking forward to getting stuck into it.  I was given the brand Etro, who I admit I'd never heard of before, but I thought this would be a plus as the thing I was looking forward to most on this course was looking into new areas of fashion I'd never explored before.

Etro are an Italian fashion brand who are most known for their use of paisley and colour. 

When I first started collecting images for my moodboard I just gathered brand images rather than exploring the brands culture and motifs so my moodboard began to have no meaning and was becoming more of a look book. However, after our 'surgery' seminar with Tim and Angi I realised what I had to do next! 

This is when I really started to enjoy this brief as I thought it was SO interesting to dig deep into Etro's history and find images which conveyed the brands mood and cultural references. My favourite images on the mood board were the Indian spice market and the map. When I was researching Etro these were the two things that stood out to me the most, their love to travel and gather inspiration as well as their use of bright colours in every collection which reminded me of a spice market. 

The bottom image was my original version of the mood board and the top two were the my adaptations based advice from my peers. I decided to add the Italian stamp to reference back to their heritage as well as their love to travel. 

Overall I was pretty pleased with the feed back I got from Matt and Angi as well as the rest of my seminar group! 

Some of the points I got told were: 
- Good use of analysis and vocabulary 
- Good layout of images
-Good explanation of brand and mood board
-Good choice of images and good editing skills
-Really good use of negative space

I also received some constructive criticism about my mood board:
- Could do with a stronger emphasis on the brand (more brand images)

-Include key words (eccentric, exotic etc)
-Be more confident in my delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment