Saturday 16 November 2013

Blow by Blow







I remember when I first heard about Isabella Blow. I was doing a project at college about hat design and came across Philip Treacy, who's work is SO cool! Then I obviously researched about Isabella Blow and that's where the obsession started...

Ever since then I've read books on her, documentaries, articles and now I'm beyond excited to go to Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore at Somerset House.

Reading her biography 'Blow by Blow' told me so many intimate and personal details that I never even knew about her. I found it so emotional when her husband was discussing all the things in her life that could have made her want to commit suicide. I always knew she died like that but I find it hard to understand how someone with such a bright wardrobe and personality could live with such misery.

When I'm low on inspiration flicking through pictures of her from my books always help. Her wild and wonderful choices in pattern, colour and shape ALWAYS help me! Some people may think she's far too bold and it's not a good look but I couldn't disagree more. I absolutely love her style and love anyone who is bold enough to be so creative with their outfit choices and not care one bit what anyone else says! I especially love her hats, I mean who wouldn't?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment