Thursday 6 March 2014

Research Boards



After our workshop with Tim this week we've decided to come up with concepts for our research boards which we can use to gather ideas and put in our presentation. 

Between us all we have decided to look at creating boards focussing on gender, personalisation, aromatherapy and product/packaging innovation.

Until this week I never really understood the difference between a mood board and research board but now I finally do know I'm wondering how I ever did any form of research without creating a research board! They are so handy for gathering ideas as the less cluttered layout lets your eyes see everything more clearly and allows you to focus and pick out the most important parts. It also really benefitted me by writing about each image, which is very different to a mood board. By doing this it helped me get my point across to others, think clearly and understand my own thoughts rather than get jumbled up. 

I created the personalisation board and it really allowed me to explore all markets and not just fragrance. I learnt that personalisation comes in all forms - jewellery, make up, clothing, accessories and not forgetting perfume. Although most of these products are very tacky and not in the slightest bit visually pleasing it really helped us explore ideas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment